Zoonotic Diseases: Our COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
The safety of our clients, the animals we handle and our team members is of the utmost importance. Our team routinely encounters transmissible zoonotic diseases including rabies, parvo, and distemper, as well as raccoon roundworm, histoplasmosis, psittacosis and others. Prior to the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, our team already had strict safety protocols in place to prevent the spread of these diseases from the affected wild animals and feces to our healthy animals, staff and clients.
- Our team strictly follows all WHO, CDC and state guidelines to prevent COVID-19 infections and spread, including paid time off for any employee or contractor suspected of being exposed (however slight) until a negative test is obtained or they are cleared by a medical professional.
- We have increased our level of sanitation to include the sanitization of our equipment and team between each call.
- We have decreased the amount of time spent indoors at client homes and businesses since the majority of our work is done outside and away from spaces where we are in close proximity to other people.
- We are offering "no-contact" services where a client can pre-pay for the services needed via a major credit or debit card and only interact with our team via phone call and text message pictures of the issues we uncover.
- Rescue is a broad-spectrum disinfectant that kills every type of virus, bacteria, fungus and mold/mildew we encounter in the field, including COVID-19, within 10 minutes of application. Please click here to view the letter certifying Rescue for use against COVID-19.
- Vet-Kem Siphotrol Plus II is used to control fleas, ticks, ants and cockroaches in our vehicles and facilities with a 100% knockdown of fleas within 10 minutes of application. The product contains an insect growth regulator that attacks the life cycle of the parasites and is effective for 7 months after application. Please click here to view the label information for this product.
Here are a few helpful videos on our industry-leading Rescue Disinfectant product and pandemics in general.